9 Home Remedies for Smoother Skin
No need to use expensive creams and exotic chemicals. Grandmothers and frugal housewives have long known that certain all natural items can be used to soften and smooth your skin. Here, then, are nine tips for getting smoother skin with inexpensive items you can easily obtain from the supermarket.
1. One of the most ancient of skin treatments, honey was used by the Egyptians to give them smoother skin. Slather honey on your face and let it stay for 15 mintues. Wash it off with cold water, and enjoy the benefits of the bee.
2. For a variation, try mixing the honey with egg whites.
3. An excellent, all natural exfoliant can be made by mixing a teaspoon of walnut meal with honey and a little lemon juice. Scrub your face gently and and rinse with cold water for glowing skin.
4. Papaya has astringent qualities that make it an excellent toner. Cut a papaya into slices and rub gently on your face for a quarter of an hour. Remove the residue with cold water, and enjoy the benefits of firmer skin.
5. Another unlikely combination that works can be produced from a couple tablespoons of the spice turmeric mixed in a cup of orange juice. Use it to exfoliate your face and neck, being certain to rinse well with cold water.
6. An excellent fruit-based treatment for your skin can be made by mashing one banana with a cup of warm milk. Apply it to your face for 15 minutes. Remove with cold water for a healthy glow.
7. Combine a mashed banana, honey, and lemon juice for a skin treatment that combines three of the best natural substances for smoother skin.
8. One unusual treatment that many Eastern European women swear by is cabbage water. Boil half a head of cabbage in a quart of water. Allow the mixture to cool and wash your face with the water for a rosy complexion and healthy, smoother skin.
9. A very popular natural and inexpensive exfoliant can be made by mixing one cup of sugar with a tablespoon of lemon or lime juice. In the bathtub, lather your face and body with a gentle soap, and hen gently scrub all over with the sugar mixture for softer skin.